Making brats in the air fryer is super easy! Perfectly cooked brats are ready in just 15 minutes, with minimal effort and cleanup.
What Makes Brats in the Air Fryer So Good
- They cook up super fast in the air fryer! Other cooking methods such as grilling, on the stove, or in the oven typically take around 30 minutes. However, the air fryer cooks brats in record time – just under 15 minutes!
- The air fryer takes all the guesswork out of how long to cook these German sausages! Simply set the air fryer to 14 minutes, then pause at 7 minutes to give them a quick flip. Once the timer goes off, you’re guaranteed fully and perfectly cooked brats every time!
- You can serve them however you’d like! I love my bratwurst in a brioche roll with sauerkraut and mustard. Though if you’re looking for a low-carb meal, simply serve them over a bed of sautéed pepper and onions with kraut and mustard on the side – yum!
Key Ingredients for Easy Air Fryer Brats
Uncooked Brats – Any uncooked brats will work in this recipe! Beer brats are a popular variety and I personally love the extra bit of flavor. However, you can use any kind of uncooked brat you’d like. If you can’t find uncooked brats, you can swap them out for uncooked sausage if you’d like!
- Pause your air fryer at 7 minutes to give the brats a quick flip. Flipping them halfway through cooking will ensure they cook and brown evenly on all sides!
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to fit more brats if you’d like! However, I recommend only fitting as many brats into the air fryer as you can in a single layer. Do not stack the brats on top of each other, which will cause them to cook unevenly.
- Line your air fryer basket with an air-fryer-safe parchment paper to help soak up any excess grease. Brats have a tendency to release quite a bit of grease once cooked. Therefore, you can either pat them try with a paper towel when they’re done cooking, or get ahead of things by cooking them atop a layer of parchment paper! Just make sure to use parchment paper that’s safe for the air fryer.
More Simple Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Easy Air Fryer Squash
- Frozen Burritos in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Brats in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 5 uncooked brats
- Preheat air fryer to 370° Fahrenheit. Place brats in single layer in basket.
- Cook 14 minutes, pausing to flip brats halfway through.