These crispy, perfectly seasoned avocado chips are out of this world addictive. With tangy lemon juice and fresh parmesan cheese, these crunchy chips are the perfect snack on their own or with your favorite dip.
Why These Chips Are So Good
- These avocado chips are incredibly crispy and packed with flavor, making them the perfect alternative to packaged chips.
- This quick and easy recipe takes just a few basic ingredients and about 18 minutes in the oven.
- These veggie chips are not only vegetarian, but also gluten-free, keto, and low carb.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash a peeled, pitted avocado with a spoon until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and spices. Stir until everything is completely blended.
- Place heaping teaspoons of batter to the baking sheet, spacing each about 3 inches apart. Flatten until about a 1/16 of an inch thick.
- Bake the chips until crust is cheese is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Flip chips over using a spatula and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat steps until all of the avocado mixture has been used.
Top Tips for Making
- To flatten the chips, place another piece of parchment paper on top of the avocado dollop once on the baking sheet. Press down on each ball until flattened to desired thickness. Gently peel back the top parchment paper. If any avocado peels off with the paper, just add it back to the chip. You can also flatten the chips with the bottom of an oiled measuring cup.
- The lemon juice is absolutely necessary to this recipe! The avocado can become bitter when cooking, which the juice prevents.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 avocado large, peeled and pitted
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese fresh, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt pinch, to taste
- ground black pepper pinch, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line backing sheet with parchment paper.
- Add avocado to medium-sized bowl. Mash with spoon until smooth. Add cheese, lemon juice, and spices. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Place heaping teaspoons of batter on baking sheet. Space each about 3 inches apart. Flatten until approximately 1/16 inch thick.
- Bake chips about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Flip chips using thin spatula. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of batter.