A keto English muffin might just be the easiest keto recipe you’ll ever make! This single-serve recipe gives you a buttery, rich English muffin, baked right in the microwave and then toasted to perfection. Gluten free and easy to make paleo!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This keto English muffin recipe seriously could not be any easier! I’ve generously listed the prep and cook time as 5 minutes each, but honestly, you’ll probably be ready to sit down and eat in less than 5 minutes total.
- The convenient single-serve portion makes tracking macros even easier. Don’t feel like “baking” a muffin every day? The muffins actually refrigerate and reheat well, so if you want to make up a few at a time, you can! Refrigerate them in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- They’re super versatile! This recipe has a pretty neutral flavor, so it goes well with a lot of things. Top it with an easy hollandaise sauce, butter, or homemade sugar free jam for a too-good-to-be-true keto breakfast or brunch dish. You could also use this as the “bread” for a breakfast sandwich or even for a burger!
Almond Flour – Use a blanched almond flour that’s very fine, so your keto English muffins always come out perfectly, buttery soft, never grainy. I haven’t tried this recipe without almond flour, and I’m not entirely sure it would work without it. If you’d like a keto bread with no almond flour, though, try the bread from our keto grilled cheese or keto French toast recipes.
Coconut Flour – This is a thirsty flour that requires a fair bit of liquid. I haven’t tried making this recipe without it yet. If you want to try leaving out the coconut flour, you’ll likely need to add at least 2 additional tablespoons of almond flour to make up the difference.
- For a lighter, fluffier English muffin, use only the white of one egg, instead of one whole egg. It’ll taste a little less eggy that way, too
- I find that the keto English muffin releases from the ramekin more easily if I run a butter knife or silicone spatula around the inner edge of the dish first. Place a plate upside down on top of the ramekin, then flip everything over at the same time and give the bottom of the ramekin a tap or two. The muffin should slide right out onto the plate.
- Feel free to play around with the flavors in this recipe! As-is, this would give you a “plain” or “regular” keto English muffin. You could add a little cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or even a little garlic and onion powder.
More Keto Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Cheesy Keto Green Beans
- Keto Gravy
- Baked Keto Empanadas
- Keto Sloppy Joes
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- Keto Gumbo
- Keto Banana Bread
Keto English Muffin (Gluten Free)
- Microwave-safe ramekin or ceramic mug
- Toaster or toaster oven
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons almond flour
- ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Place butter in ramekin. Microwave in short bursts, stirring between each, until butter is completely melted.
- Add egg to melted butter. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly stir in remaining ingredients one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each ingredient. Mixture should be smooth with few lumps.
- Return ramekin to microwave. Microwave mixture 90 seconds on full power, or until firm.
- Let cool slightly, then remove english muffin from ramekin. Slice in half (like a hamburger bun) then toast to preference. Serve with keto-friendly jelly, sugar free syrup, an easy hollandaise sauce, or butter.
- Make it Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter.