Cooking bacon in the Instant Pot is quick, easy, and mess-free! Bacon, tongs, and an Instant Pot is all you’ll need to achieve perfectly crispy bacon in just 5 minutes.
What Makes Instant Pot Bacon So Good
- The high sides on the Instant Pot catch any splatter and cause less mess! One of the most annoying parts about cooking bacon is cleaning up the grease that somehow gets everywhere. This method gives you the perfectly crispy bacon you desire, minus the mess!
- The Instant Pot cooks bacon in a fraction of the time of most other cooking methods. Just 5 minutes on the sauté setting is all you need for super crispy and delicious bacon!
- It’s super simple and totally foolproof! This is one of those recipes that’s almost impossible to mess up. Keep an eye on the bacon as it cooks and remove it from the pot when it’s ready – that’s it!
What You’ll Need for Instant Pot Bacon
Bacon – Your one and only ingredient here is bacon, so I highly recommend making it good quality bacon! I always make sure my bacon is free of added sugar, antibiotics, and is uncured. While I prefer the taste of regular pork bacon, you can use this method to cook turkey bacon as well!
Instant Pot – I use a 6-quart Instant Pot, though any size will work. However, depending on the size you might have to work in batches to cook all of your bacon. To prepare your Instant Pot for cooking bacon, start by plugging it in and then hitting the “Sauté” button. Next, adjust the time using the “+” and “-” symbols to set it to 5 minutes. Once the screen reads 5 minutes, wait for the pot to beep to tell you it’s starting to heat up and then get cooking!
- Keep an eye on the bacon as it cooks! Since this recipe takes just 5 minutes, the bacon will start to crisp up almost immediately. Therefore, you’ll want to keep a close eye on it to make sure you don’t accidentally overcook the bacon.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. With any cooked bacon, it will be pretty greasy once it’s done. Placing it on a sheet of paper towel will help to soak up much of the grease before eating!
- Avoid overlapping any strips of bacon inside the Instant Pot. You may need to work in batches to cook all of your bacon, though this will ensure it cooks evenly and totally crispy!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Instant Pot Bacon
- Instant Pot
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- Place bacon in a single layer at the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Set to sauté for 5 minutes and cook, flipping frequently, until you’ve achieved your desired crispness.
- Flip the bacon about every minute to ensure even cooking and crispness!