This buffalo shrimp is insanely flavorful and requires just a handful of simple ingredients! Shrimp are cooked until tender, then tossed in a spicy sauce with just a touch of sweetness. Enjoy this easy buffalo shrimp on its own as a tasty appetizer or over a salad for a delicious meal!
What Makes This Buffalo Shrimp So Good
- It’s one of the easiest shrimp recipes ever! Simply coat the shrimp in seasoning, then broil for a few minutes per side. Remove them from the oven and toss in a quick three-ingredient buffalo sauce – that’s it!
- It can be served in a variety of ways! This buffalo shrimp makes the perfect appetizer with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing. It also tastes great over a salad or alongside roasted veggies for a complete and healthy meal.
- These shrimp are insanely addictive! You ever start eating a bag of chips and just can’t stop? Well these shrimp have that same exact quality – pop one and you’ll want to eat the whole batch!
Key Ingredients for Buffalo Shrimp
Shrimp – Pick up a pound of raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp for this recipe. You can either leave the tail on or off your shrimp. I prefer keeping the tail on as I think it helps trap just a bit more flavor. Though for easier/neater eating, simply remove each tail before cooking!
Cajun Seasoning – Cajun seasoning coats these shrimp in intense flavor. The blend of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and a variety of other spices take this recipe to the next level. However if you don’t have Cajun seasoning, you can instead use a mix of paprika, salt, and black pepper in its place.
Hot Sauce – Any hot sauce will work here, though I recommend Frank’s RedHot. It’s spicy without overpowering the other flavors in this recipe. It’s also not too thin and does a perfect job at coating and sticking to the shrimp.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel before tossing in Cajun seasoning. Dried shrimp will bake up crispier and more delicious in the oven!
- If you’d like, you can grill this buffalo shrimp rather than broiling it! To do this, simply add to a hot grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Once the shrimp is completely opaque, it’s cooked through and ready to be tossed in the sauce.
- Feel free to customize the spice in this recipe based on your preferences. For less spicy shrimp, replace the Cajun seasoning with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Then, for even less spice, use half the amount of hot sauce!
Other Easy Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love
- Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Vegan Shrimp with Vegan Sriracha Mayo
- Greek Shrimp Salad with Feta
- Keto Gumbo
- Cajun Shrimp
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning see Notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup hot sauce such as Frank's RedHot
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- Set oven to high broil and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add shrimp to a large bowl and toss in Cajun seasoning. Then drizzle in the olive oil and mix to coat.
- Transfer shrimp to baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Mix together the hot sauce, butter, and honey in a large bowl then toss in the cooked shrimp to coat in sauce.
- Cajun Seasoning: If you don’t have Cajun seasoning, you can use Old Bay seasoning or a combination of paprika, salt, and black pepper in its place.