This vegan peach cobbler is perfectly sweet and packed with fresh peaches! We took a summertime favorite, made it completely vegan, and even included gluten-free and sugar-free options as well. Serve this vegan peach cobbler warm with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for the perfect warm-weather treat!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s a classic recipe, turned vegan! With the help of some vegan butter and almond milk, this is a traditional dessert that now everyone can enjoy. And the best part is, non-vegans won’t even know it’s vegan – it’s that good!
- It’s perfectly sweet, with just the right amount of sugar which still allows that fresh peach flavor to shine! Peaches are a summertime fruit favorite around here and the last thing we’d want to do is take away from their incredible and naturally sweet flavor. A touch of sugar and a bit of lemon juice do an impeccable job of bringing out that delicious peach taste.
- It’s easily made gluten-free and/or sugar-free! Simply swap out the all purpose flour for gluten-free all purpose flour to make this a vegan and gluten-free peach cobbler. Likewise, replace the sugar with granular Swerve or your favorite sugar substitute to make this dessert added sugar-free!
Peaches – Peak peach season is May through September and when you should have no trouble finding the best tasting peaches at your local grocery store or farmers market! To know when your peaches are ripe enough for this cobbler simply give them a gentle squeeze. If the peach gives a little bit without bruising, then it’s ready to use! To prepare peaches for this vegan recipe, start by removing the skin then cut around the pit and into similar-sized slices.
Sugar – You can use white sugar, cane sugar, coconut sugar, or even your favorite sugar-free substitute in this vegan peach cobbler recipe. I used cane sugar and had delicious results, but any of the listed options will taste equally as delicious!
Almond Milk – Almond milk bakes up similar to cows milk and is why I prefer it for this recipe. However, you can use any vegan milk you’d like! The others I’d recommend are soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- This is the perfect recipe to bring to a summer potluck or barbecue! For optimal serving – if cool, warm slightly in a 350° Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes. Then, serve this warm vegan peach cobbler with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped coconut cream!
- Resist the urge to stir the melted butter, cobbler crust batter, and peach filling together before baking. The trick to a perfect cobbler is layering everything together, then letting the ingredients work their magic in the oven. The cobbler crust batter and melted butter will slowly rise to the top of the baking dish and wrap the peach filling in an irresistibly delicious crust.
- If you feel like your cobbler is browning too quickly, cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil while it bakes. Sometimes if the ends of any peaches poke out of the cobbler, they can become susceptible to getting a little too charred in the oven. So keep an eye on things and pull out the aluminum foil if needed!
What Do We Mean By Healthy?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Vegan Banana Pudding
- Tofu Mayonnaise (Vegan)
- Vegan Shrimp with Vegan Sriracha Mayo
- Vegan Cottage Cheese
Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- 9×13 baking dish
For the peach filling:
- 3 pounds peaches peeled and sliced
- ⅔ cup sugar see Notes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cobbler crust:
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour see Notes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add all peach filling ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish and transfer to the oven for 3 minutes, or until butter has melted completely.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, milk, and baking powder in a large bowl until just combined.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and pour batter over the melted butter, do not stir. Then pour the peach filling over top of the batter and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free all purpose flour in place of the all purpose flour in this recipe.
- Make it Sugar-Free: Replace the sugar with granular Swerve or your favorite sugar substitute.