This Vegan Mushroom Gravy is simply incredible and filled with such savory deliciousness. Perfect for mashed potatoes, rice, or preferred protein, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and will have you hooked all year long!
Why is this Vegan Mushroom Gravy so good?
- This Mushroom Gravy is terrific because of the huge amounts of flavors that sizzle while being enjoyed.
- It’s gluten-free AND vegan.
- Super simple to make and HEAVILY aromatic with fresh ingredients.
How do I make this mushroom gravy?
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan until melted. Sauté garlic, and then stir in mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper, and simmer until liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add about 1 cup of vegetable stock, stirring briskly until incorporated, then pour in the remaining stock and mix thoroughly. Season with black pepper and thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Make sure you get a good amount of browning with the flour and mushrooms while cooking. This adds more flavor to the recipe. 🙂
- Always clean your mushrooms with a towel to avoid slippery mushrooms while slicing them!
- If wanting to use something other than coconut oil, we suggest using another type of neutral cooking oil such as avocado oil.
Check Out These Other Amazing Recipes!
- Easy Paleo Gravy
- Vegan Chili
- Kale and White Bean Soup
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
I would love to hear if you have tried this Vegan Mushroom Gravy recipe – do leave me a star rating and comment down below!
Be sure to share your photos of your creations on Instagram too!
Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 quart vegetable broth or stock
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour gluten-free
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan until melted. Sauté garlic, and then stir in mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer until liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes. Add about 1 cup of vegetable stock, stirring briskly until incorporated, then pour in the remaining stock and mix thoroughly.
- Season with black pepper and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.