These sous vide potatoes are perfectly cooked until creamy and tender! Potatoes, butter, salt, and a sprinkling of your favorite fresh herbs is all you’ll need to make this savory side dish.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The sous vide traps flavor, making them buttery and delicious! Compared to other cooking methods, these sous video potatoes absorb so much more flavor.
- They’re super easy and hands-off! Simply place all ingredients in a large zip-top bag, then place in the sous vide. Return an hour later to perfectly tender potatoes!
- With a few tablespoons of your favorite fresh herbs, they pair well with virtually any meal! These potatoes are the perfect all-purpose side dish. I love serving mine with grilled steak or salmon for a complete and healthy meal.
Baby Potatoes – This small variety of potato cooks up super soft and creamy. I love baby potatoes for their naturally buttery flavor. However, if you prefer a different kind of potato, go ahead and use it. Really any potato will work in this simple sous vide recipe.
Fresh Herbs – I used fresh parsley and fresh chives in my sous vide potatoes, though feel free to use whichever herb(s) you like best! A sprinkling of fresh thyme would make for a great and cozy side dish. Even fresh dill would make for an exciting twist in this recipe.
- Be sure to place a few heavy utensils into your plastic bag, along with the other ingredients. Potatoes are relatively light and have a tendency to float in the water bath. Therefore, to ensure they cook fully and evenly, weigh the bag down with two or three utensils.
- Switch up the flavors in this recipe however you’d like! Substitute butter for any oil you’d like. A few cloves of minced garlic or even a couple lemon slices would also make delicious additions to these sous vide potatoes.
- Meal prep these potatoes to enjoy all throughout the week! I love making this easy side dish at the start of my week to have in the fridge for busy weeknights. To reheat, I simply toss the potatoes in a hot pan with a little oil until warm throughout.
Other Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Okra
- Amish Broccoli Salad
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Green Beans with Bacon
Sous Vide Potatoes
- Zip-top freezer bag
- Sous vide
- 1 pound baby potatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons butter see Notes for vegan option
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs such as chives or parsley
- Set sous vide to 190° Fahrenheit (87° Celsius).
- Add all ingredients to a large zip-top freezer bag along with a few heavy utensils to weigh the bag down.
- Remove air and seal the bag using the displacement method then submerge the bag in the sous vide water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Make it Vegan: To make this recipe vegan, simply use 2 tablespoons of olive oil in place of the butter.