These rich, garlic butter parsley potatoes are just incredible! Baby potatoes flavored with garlic and specks of parsley make the most delicious side. Naturally vegetarian, but with a vegan option, too!
What Makes These Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes So Good
- Creamy and perfectly seasoned, these garlic butter potatoes are a serious upgrade to your usual potato salad.
- These potatoes are a fabulous side with steak, bratwursts and sauerkraut, meatloaf, and other hearty dinners.
- They require just five ingredients! Potatoes, butter, garlic, parsley, and a dash of salt is all you’ll need to throw together this tasty side dish.
Key Ingredients for Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
Baby Potatoes – Either red or yellow baby potatoes will work! This particular type of potato holds its shape after cooking, making it great for this recipe. Baby potatoes are also incredibly buttery and creamy on their own.
Garlic – Three cloves of minced garlic in this recipe contribute a ton of flavor. This entire recipe is very simple, allowing each ingredient to shine through. If you’re garlic-obsessed, then feel free to add an extra clove to this recipe.
Parsley – Fresh parsley brightens up this savory side dish. Remove parsley leaves from their stem and chop into small pieces before using in this garlic butter parsley potatoes recipe. You can even chop some extra fresh parsley for sprinkling on top of your finished dish!
- To make these potatoes vegan, then sub out the butter for a vegan, plant-based butter.
- Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes after boiling and draining before adding back into the pan with the other ingredients – this will help them hold their shape!
- The potatoes are tender when a fork inserted through the center of one slices through easily. If you cannot easily puncture the potatoes, then they are not done cooking and need to be left to boil for a few more minutes.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- Medium saucepan
- 1 ½-2 pounds baby potatoes cut into half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter sliced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Fill with water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to simmer water. Cook about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Add potatoes back to pan. Add garlic, butter, and parsley. Stir with wooden spoon, slightly mashing potatoes. Mix thoroughly. Remove and serve.
- Vegan: Sub butter with vegan butter.