Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
These rich, garlic butter parsley potatoes are just incredible! Baby potatoes flavored with garlic and specks of parsley make the most delicious side. Naturally vegetarian, but with a vegan option, too!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Creamy and perfectly seasoned, these garlic butter potatoes are a serious upgrade to your usual potato salad.
- These potatoes are a fabulous side with steak, bratwursts and sauerkraut, meatloaf, and other hearty dinners.
- They require just five ingredients! Potatoes, butter, garlic, parsley, and a dash of salt is all you’ll need to throw together this tasty side dish.
Baby Potatoes – Either red or yellow baby potatoes will work! This particular type of potato holds its shape after cooking, making it great for this recipe. Baby potatoes are also incredibly buttery and creamy on their own.
Garlic – Three cloves of minced garlic in this recipe contribute a ton of flavor. This entire recipe is very simple, allowing each ingredient to shine through. If you’re garlic-obsessed, then feel free to add an extra clove to this recipe.
Parsley – Fresh parsley brightens up this savory side dish. Remove parsley leaves from their stem and chop into small pieces before using in this garlic butter parsley potatoes recipe. You can even chop some extra fresh parsley for sprinkling on top of your finished dish!
- To make these potatoes vegan, then sub out the butter for a vegan, plant-based butter.
- Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes after boiling and draining before adding back into the pan with the other ingredients – this will help them hold their shape!
- The potatoes are tender when a fork inserted through the center of one slices through easily. If you cannot easily puncture the potatoes, then they are not done cooking and need to be left to boil for a few more minutes.
More Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Southern Smothered Potatoes
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
- Southern Fried Potatoes
We hope you loved this recipe as much as we did! We’d love for you to give us a star ★ rating below, and follow us on Instagram! For more delicious, healthy recipes, be sure to check out 40 Aprons.
Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- 1 ½-2 pounds baby potatoes cut into half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter sliced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Medium saucepan
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Fill with water 2 inches above potatoes.
- Bring water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and reduce heat to simmer water. Cook about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Add potatoes back to pan. Add garlic, butter, and parsley. Stir with wooden spoon, slightly mashing potatoes. Mix thoroughly. Remove and serve.
- Vegan: Sub butter with vegan butter.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment