Perfectly juicy and tender chicken thighs finished in a spicy, yet slightly sweet buffalo sauce! Enjoy this simple meal on a busy weeknight, or when you’re craving something delicious. These buffalo chicken things are exploding with flavor and taste great on their own, or over a salad!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s virtually foolproof! Simply roast your chicken thighs in the oven until the skin is golden brown and crispy. Then, toss them in a quick homemade three-ingredient buffalo sauce – it’s that easy!
- They’re a family favorite! My entire family goes crazy for these buffalo chicken thighs. No matter how I serve them, everyone always gobbles them up.
- They’re loaded with delicious flavor! It’s hard to believe that a recipe this simple could also be this flavorful.
Chicken Thighs – This recipe calls for bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs for maximum flavor. The skin on the chicken will also bake up incredibly crispy and delicious! If you can’t find bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs, boneless and skinless will work, but won’t taste as good.
Hot Sauce – I recommend Frank’s RedHot Original sauce for this buffalo chicken thighs recipe. Frank’s has the perfect consistency and spice level for a homemade buffalo sauce. However, you can use any hot sauce you’d like – Cholula and Truff are both delicious options.
Honey – Just a touch of honey to balance out the spice in this dish goes a very long way! If you don’t have honey, then maple syrup will work in its place.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry before cooking! This will ensure the skin cooks up as golden brown and crispy as possible. Don’t skip this very important step!
- Feel free to adjust the spice in your homemade buffalo sauce, based on your tolerance level. For a less spicy sauce, then use less hot sauce and a little more honey. Though for an even spicier sauce, feel free to use more hot sauce and omit the honey altogether!
- Serve these buffalo chicken thighs any way you’d like! I enjoyed mine over a salad with some creamy ranch dressing. They even taste great on their own with celery and carrots sticks on the side.
More Chicken Recipes You Must Try
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Parm Sandwich
- Marry Me Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel then place on baking sheet. Drizzle thighs evenly with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit. While chicken bakes, mix together hot sauce, melted butter, and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven then drizzle with sauce.