Making perfectly steamed broccoli in the Instant Pot is so easy and fast! This basically foolproof method makes tender, delicious broccoli every single time.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Broccoli in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier! In less than 10 minutes, you have the perfect steamed broccoli.
- This method is perfect for a quick and easy side dish. This recipe only has a zero minute cook time. Zero minutes!
How To Cook Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- Wash off the broccoli and cut off the florets.
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the water and broccoli florets.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid . Put vent in “sealing” position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” and set on high for 0-1 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. Then release the steam and open the lid.
- Remove the broccoli and serve.
Top Tips For Making
- For really tender broccoli, cook for 1 minute. We like ours a little bit more firm, so we cooked for 0 minutes.
- Make sure the Instant Pot lid and vent are properly in place. The Instant Pot will take about 6 minutes to come to pressure.
- This Instant Pot broccoli is delicious plain, with a little salt and pepper, creamy cheddar cheese, or even some ranch dressing.
- Just in case you wondered, the florets are the tree-like parts of the broccoli! Chop them off the large stem and discard the rest.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-friend tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Mango Habanero Wings
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- 1 pound broccoli uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash off broccoli and cut off florets.
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add water and broccoli florets.
- Cover Instant Pot with lid and put vent in "sealing" position. Click on "manual" or "pressure cook." Set on high for 0-1 minutes (see notes).
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. Release steam and open lid after cooking is complete.
- Remove broccoli. Serve.
- Cook time: 0 minutes for firm broccoli, 1 minute for very tender broccoli.
- Instant Pot notes: Make sure lid and vent are properly in place. Will take about 6 minutes to come to pressure.
- Serving suggestions: With ranch dressing or cheese.
- Florets: Florets are the top, tree-like part of the stalk of broccoli.