Making perfectly steamed broccoli in the Instant Pot is so easy and fast! This basically foolproof method makes tender, delicious broccoli every single time.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- It’s so quick and easy! In less than 10 minutes, you have the perfect steamed broccoli. The actual cook time is anywhere from zero to one minute. ZERO TO ONE MINUTE!
- The Instant Pot yields perfectly cooked broccoli every single time.
- Broccoli is SO good for you, and it’s incredibly versatile! It’s delicious plain, with a little salt and pepper, creamy cheddar cheese, or even some ranch dressing. You can also try it with this incredible lemon butter sauce.
How To Make It
- Wash off the broccoli and cut off the florets.
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the water and broccoli florets.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid . Put vent in “sealing” position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” and set on high for 0-1 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. Then release the steam and open the lid.
- Remove the broccoli and serve.
- For really tender broccoli, cook for 1 minute. We like ours a little bit more firm, so we cooked for 0 minutes.
- Make sure the Instant Pot lid and vent are properly in place. The Instant Pot will take about 6 minutes to come to pressure.
- This recipe only uses florets – the tree-like parts of the broccoli! If you’re using fresh broccoli, chop them off the large stem and discard the rest.
More Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Mango Habanero Wings
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- 1 pound broccoli florets uncooked
- ½ cup water
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- If using fresh broccoli, rinse and cut off stems.
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot. Add water and broccoli florets.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to Sealing position. Set to Manual High Pressure for 0 minutes (for firm broccoli) or 1 minute (for very tender broccoli).
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. After cooking is complete, Quick Release and remove lid.
- Remove broccoli from Instant Pot. Serve as desired.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.