Making perfectly steamed broccoli in the Instant Pot is so easy and fast! This basically foolproof method makes tender, delicious broccoli every single time.
Why This Instant Pot Broccoli Recipe Is So Good
- It’s so quick and easy! In less than 10 minutes, you have the perfect steamed broccoli. The actual cook time is anywhere from zero to one minute. ZERO TO ONE MINUTE!
- The Instant Pot yields perfectly cooked broccoli every single time.
- Broccoli is SO good for you, and it’s incredibly versatile! It’s delicious plain, with a little salt and pepper, creamy cheddar cheese, or even some ranch dressing. You can also try it with this incredible lemon butter sauce.
How To Cook Broccoli in the Instant Pot
- Wash off the broccoli and cut off the florets.
- Place trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the water and broccoli florets.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the lid . Put vent in “sealing” position. Click on “manual” or “pressure cook” and set on high for 0-1 minutes.
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. Then release the steam and open the lid.
- Remove the broccoli and serve.
- For really tender broccoli, cook for 1 minute. We like ours a little bit more firm, so we cooked for 0 minutes.
- Make sure the Instant Pot lid and vent are properly in place. The Instant Pot will take about 6 minutes to come to pressure.
- This recipe only uses florets – the tree-like parts of the broccoli! If you’re using fresh broccoli, chop them off the large stem and discard the rest.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy?”
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Mango Habanero Wings
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer Popcorn
Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound broccoli florets uncooked
- ½ cup water
- If using fresh broccoli, rinse and cut off stems.
- Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot. Add water and broccoli florets.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to Sealing position. Set to Manual High Pressure for 0 minutes (for firm broccoli) or 1 minute (for very tender broccoli).
- Allow Instant Pot to come to pressure. After cooking is complete, Quick Release and remove lid.
- Remove broccoli from Instant Pot. Serve as desired.