These sous vide potatoes are perfectly cooked until creamy and tender! Potatoes, butter, salt, and a sprinkling of your favorite fresh herbs is all you’ll need to make this savory side dish.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The sous vide traps flavor, making them buttery and delicious! Compared to other cooking methods, these sous video potatoes absorb so much more flavor.
- They’re super easy and hands-off! Simply place all ingredients in a large zip-top bag, then place in the sous vide. Return an hour later to perfectly tender potatoes!
- With a few tablespoons of your favorite fresh herbs, they pair well with virtually any meal! These potatoes are the perfect all-purpose side dish. I love serving mine with grilled steak or salmon for a complete and healthy meal.
Baby Potatoes – This small variety of potato cooks up super soft and creamy. I love baby potatoes for their naturally buttery flavor. However, if you prefer a different kind of potato, go ahead and use it. Really any potato will work in this simple sous vide recipe.
Fresh Herbs – I used fresh parsley and fresh chives in my sous vide potatoes, though feel free to use whichever herb(s) you like best! A sprinkling of fresh thyme would make for a great and cozy side dish. Even fresh dill would make for an exciting twist in this recipe.
- Be sure to place a few heavy utensils into your plastic bag, along with the other ingredients. Potatoes are relatively light and have a tendency to float in the water bath. Therefore, to ensure they cook fully and evenly, weigh the bag down with two or three utensils.
- Switch up the flavors in this recipe however you’d like! Substitute butter for any oil you’d like. A few cloves of minced garlic or even a couple lemon slices would also make delicious additions to these sous vide potatoes.
- Meal prep these potatoes to enjoy all throughout the week! I love making this easy side dish at the start of my week to have in the fridge for busy weeknights. To reheat, I simply toss the potatoes in a hot pan with a little oil until warm throughout.
Other Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Okra
- Amish Broccoli Salad
- Garlic Butter Parsley Potatoes
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Southern Smothered Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Southern Fried Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons butter see Notes for vegan option
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh herbs such as chives or parsley
- Zip-top freezer bag
- Sous vide
- Set sous vide to 190° Fahrenheit (87° Celsius).
- Add all ingredients to a large zip-top freezer bag along with a few heavy utensils to weigh the bag down.
- Remove air and seal the bag using the displacement method then submerge the bag in the sous vide water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Make it Vegan: To make this recipe vegan, simply use 2 tablespoons of olive oil in place of the butter.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.