These diced potatoes are simply seasoned with dried herbs, then oven-roasted until golden. Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, this is an easy, delicious side dish that’s perfect for the holidays or any meal through the week.
🥔 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. And it only uses a handful of ingredients you most likely already have on hand. You’ll toss the diced potatoes in a little oil, dried herbs, salt and pepper, then bake them on the oven until golden brown and fork tender. Super easy and ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
- It’s simple, yet full of flavor. Potatoes are so delicious, I mean everybody loves potatoes right, they already shine without a ton of extra. These are perfectly seasoned, and by roasting them, they get super tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. A perfect satisfying bite!
- These diced potatoes are gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30 compatible. They’re super versatile, and are a perfect easy side dish for a Thursday night dinner, but also a great addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- When dicing the potatoes, try to cut them about the same size so they cook evenly. But don’t worry, they don’t have to be perfect, just close. We peeled ours for this recipe, but if you enjoy the skin, that’s totally fine to skip that step. Just make sure to wash and scrub the potatoes well to remove all the dirt.
- You can use any kind of potatoes for this recipe! From Yukon gold, red skin, baby, russet, fingerling to even sweet potatoes. They’ll all work! Some might cook a tad quicker than others, just check if they’re done by poking a piece with the tines of a fork. If the fork goes in the potato easily and it feels tender, it’s ready.
- You can use any herbs of your choice for this recipe. Herbs de Provence, rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley and much much more. We used dried herbs for convenience, but if you prefer fresh herbs, go for it! Just make sure they’re finely chopped.
Don’t Miss These Delicious Potato Recipes
- Potato Mousseline
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Boursin Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Whipped Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and 1-inch cubed
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs of choice herbs de Provence, dried rosemary, dried oregano, etc.
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add diced potatoes, oil, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to large bowl. Toss well until potatoes are fully-coated in oil and seasonings.
- Transfer potatoes to baking sheet and spread potatoes into oven even layer.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and toss to flip potatoes. Return baking sheet to oven and bake 15 minutes more, then remove baking sheet and let potatoes cool slightly. Serve warm.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.