This popcorn is ultra buttery and extra cheesy, yet entirely vegan! Super quick, easy, and fun to make. Bursting with delicious buttery flavor, and surprisingly healthy!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s hands-down the best popcorn you’ll ever have, vegan or not. No, really – even non-vegans will go crazy for this super flavorful and irresistible popcorn.
- It’s healthier than store-bought popcorn! You’ll save yourself from major calories and weird ingredients with this homemade recipe. You can also totally customize the amount of oil and salt you use, to better fit your dietary needs.
- This buttery vegan popcorn is the perfect plant-based, gluten-free, and dairy-free snack. It’s light, yet satisfying, and won’t leave you feeling weighed down.
- Don’t walk away from your popcorn while it’s on the stove! If the pot is left to sit unattended for too long, the popcorn will burn. Therefore, keep close by and shake the pot every 30 seconds, to prevent it from burning.
- Once you add corn kernels to the hot oil, quickly cover the pot with a lid, then do not remove the lid until the popcorn’s finished cooking. The kernels will almost immediately begin to pop as soon as they hit the heat. If you take the lid off before they’re done, you’ll have a huge safety hazard on your hands.
- Play around with the flavors in this recipe! Add or remove anything you’d like. I personally love an intensely savory popcorn, so I don’t shy away from adding more salt to my popcorn.
More Vegan Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Vegan Seitan “Chicken”
- How to Cook Tempeh
- Vegan Enchiladas
- Vegan Coconut Cream Pie
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil i.e. vegetable oil, avocado oil, or sunflower oil
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels unsalted, unbuttered
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Large pot with lid
- Large bowl
- rubber or silicone spatula optional
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels and immediately cover pot with lid.
- Shake pot every 30 seconds (do not uncover pot) until popping stops. Once popping stops, immediately transfer popcorn to large bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter over popcorn and toss or stir to coat. Sprinkle in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt, then toss or stir to coat. Serve warm.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.