These delicious frozen sweet potato fries are a little sweet and a little salty. They crisp to perfection in the air fryer, making them a perfect snack or side when you want something quick, easy, and healthy.
Why Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer Are So Good
- Because air fryers use air instead of oil to fry food, you save calories but still get that great deep-fried flavor and crunch.
- Oven-baked fries can be soggy (or worse, burnt), especially if you’re reheating leftovers. Air fryer fries are perfectly crisp every time – plus you can cook them from frozen, no need to thaw!
- Sweet potato fries specifically are best in the air fryer. Because of their lower starch content, it’s almost impossible to get the perfect fry texture when you cook sweet potatoes in the oven.
- Air fryers generally cook faster than a conventional oven, and the clean up is usually easier, too!
New to air fryers and trying to decide which one to get? Visit our sister site, 40 Aprons, to read about the 5 Air Fryers We Love.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients
Sweet Potatoes – This root veggie is a traditional Thanksgiving staple, but I love them all year long! When it comes to macros, they’re comparable to white potatoes, but they’re a much better source of antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C, and D.
Cinnamon – Everyone knows cinnamon is a little spicy and a little sweet – but did you know cinnamon is believed to have some wonderful health properties? It has essentially no protein or fat, but it does have small amounts of beta carotene and Vitamin A, which are both great for eye health!
How to Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
This recipe honestly could not be any easier! Toss your frozen sweet potatoes in oil, then coat them evenly in salt and cinnamon. Pop them in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, flip them, and fry for another 7 minutes. If you like your fries a little crispier, add another 2-3 minutes in the air fryer.
Serve these hot with your favorite dipping sauce – they’re great with ketchup, honey mustard, spicy sriracha-mayo, or comeback sauce! If you’re Whole30, be sure your condiments are compliant!
- Bags of frozen sweet potato fries are super quick and easy, but I recommend making your own fries from scratch! Start with a sweet potato and cut it into fries by hand or with a french fry cutter. Plan ahead – you want all of your fries to be roughly the same size so that they cook consistently. Spread the unseasoned fries evenly on a parchment-paper-lined sheet pan and stick them in the freezer. Freeze them for a couple of hours or until they’re hard. Toss them in a baggie or airtight container and keep them in your freezer until you’re ready for them. They’ll keep like this for a few months!
- Be sure to spread the fries in a flat layer in the air fryer basket, and don’t let them touch or overlap. If the air can’t flow around them easily, they won’t cook evenly!
- If you have any leftovers, you can totally reheat them in the air fryer! A few minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit will make them nice and crispy again.
What Do We Mean By “Healthy”?
Our recipes focus on real ingredients and homemade elements. We try to avoid processed flour and sugar, like white flour or white sugar. Our recipes often swap less healthy options (like a commercial, deep-fried tostada) for an easy homemade version.
Our recipes are not necessarily low fat or low calorie, and we aren’t afraid of fat or carbs! Some of our recipes will be “skinny,” low carb, keto, paleo, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, Whole30, or vegan, and they will be labeled when they qualify for any of these diets. All our recipes are easy and family friendly!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 15-ounce bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- big pinch cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, toss frozen sweet potato fries with oil and season evenly with kosher salt and cinnamon.
- Working in small batches, spread an even layer of sweet potato fries in the fryer basket. Cook at 375° for 7 minutes. Flip fries, then cook 7 minutes more, adding 2-3 minutes if necessary. Fries are done when crispy and golden brown.