The best way to cook frozen jalapeño poppers is in the air fryer! The air fryer takes jalapeño poppers from frozen to perfectly crispy and golden brown in under 10 minutes. Finish this delicious app off with a homemade lime cilantro dipping sauce – it’s seriously so good!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s hands-down the easiest way to cook frozen jalapeño poppers. No need to defrost or deep fry, the air fryer does all the hard work!
- It includes a bonus dipping sauce that is to-die-for! There truly is no such thing as too much flavor, and these air fryer frozen jalapeño poppers with lime cilantro dipping sauce are proof of that. Crispy and spicy jalapeño poppers pair beautiful with the creamy, tangy sauce.
- It’s not just quick and easy to make, but quick and easy to cleanup too! An air fryer and one small bowl is all you’ll need for this delicious recipe.
Frozen Jalapeño Poppers – Any brand of frozen jalapeño poppers will work! There are plenty of delicious options out there, none of which will disappoint. You can even make your own jalapeño poppers and freeze them for up to 3 months before reheating as instructed in this recipe.
Sour Cream – The sour cream in our lime cilantro dipping sauce is the perfect compliment to the cream cheese stuffed poppers. Sour cream is velvety smooth, super tangy, and an amazing finishing touch to many dishes! However, if you prefer, you can use cream cheese in place of sour cream in this sauce recipe.
- Place the frozen jalapeño poppers in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding your air fryer, as this could result in less-crispy poppers. Also, no oil is needed here, so don’t worry about anything getting stuck!
- Remember that not all air fryers are created equal. Therefore, if your air fryer seems a little more powerful than most, check on your jalapeño poppers at the halfway mark. At this point, evaluate how quickly they’re cooking and adjust the time as necessary!
- Let your stuffed jalapeño bites cool for a few minutes after cooking. The inside filling will be extremely hot straight out of the air fryer. Therefore, to avoid burning your mouth – give them a couple of minutes to cool off before digging in!
More Air Fryer Recipe You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Brats in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- 8-12 frozen jalapeño poppers
For the sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- Air Fryer
- Small bowl
- Place jalapeño poppers in air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, pausing to shake basket halfway through.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve alongside jalapeño poppers.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.