Perfectly sweet, lightly charred grilled mango with a three-ingredient chili-lime salt! A delicious sweet, yet savory combo – perfect for grilling season.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s super quick and easy to make! The next time you’re grilling, throw a couple mangos on and let the grill work its magic. The end result will be a lightly charred, and even more delicious mango.
- It strikes the perfect balance between sweet, yet savory! Naturally sweet mangos are grilled, then topped with chili-lime salt. A squeeze of fresh lime juice rounds out the flavors in this recipe.
- It requires only a handful of ingredients! Mango, limes, salt, and chili powder are all you’ll need to whip up this simple, healthy snack or side.
- For extra dark grill marks, press each mango slice into the grill for a couple seconds. Though be careful, your mango can go from perfectly charred to totally burnt in a matter of seconds!
- Feel free to leave out the chili-lime salt if you’d like! If all you want is super juicy and sweet mango, then you can totally skip the last step of this recipe. Or for an extra indulgent grilled mango dish, replace the salt with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – yum!
- After grilling, flip the mango slices over and push up from the skin. Doing this will lift and pop the scored mango out of its skin, making it easier to eat!
Other Grilled Recipes You’ll Love
- Grilled Peaches Recipe with Honey
- Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Scallops
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Glazed Grilled Carrots
For the Grilled Mangoes
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- spray cooking oil
- 1 lime juiced
For the Chili-Lime Salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Small bowl
- Prepare grill and bring heat to medium-high temperature, roughly 375° to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Cut each mango in half by standing fruit upright and slicing lengthwise down mango to cut around pit.
- Score flesh of mango halves in diamond pattern. Be very careful not to cut completely through skin.
- Lightly spray scored mango flesh with spray oil. Place mangoes cut-side down on preheated grill and cook approximately 1 minute until mangoes are lightly charred. Remove charred mangoes immediately and drizzle fresh lime juice over mango flesh. Set aside.
- Quickly mix together ingredients for chili-lime salt in small bowl, then sprinkle mixture over mangoes to taste. Serve immediately with additional lime juice and chili-lime salt as desired.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.