This Instant Pot Asparagus will be your new favorite quick and easy method to cooking this delicious vegetable! Asparagus is lightly seasoned with garlic and lemon, then perfectly cooked in under 10 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The Instant Pot takes all the guesswork out of cooking asparagus! Simply set the timer and walk away, then return to tender asparagus every time.
- It’s lightly seasoned making it a perfect addition to virtually any meal. Serve this easy veggie alongside salmon, chicken, or whatever protein you’d like for an easy and healthy low-carb lunch or dinner.
- It’s the fastest, most efficient way to cook asparagus! This recipe doesn’t only ensure quick cooking, but quick clean-up too.
Asparagus – Be sure to trim the bottom 2-3 inches off each asparagus stem before cooking. The reason for this is because the bottom part of asparagus can be rather tough and chewy, even after cooking. To prepare the asparagus for this recipe, simply wash then chop off the ends.
Butter – Feel free to leave out the butter in this recipe, if you’d like. The butter just adds a bit more delicious savory flavor, but is not necessary in cooking this Instant Pot asparagus.
Lemon Juice – Lemon juice adds a bit of brightness to this recipe. The acidity brings out the freshness of the asparagus, and gives it that delightful citrus flavor.
- Set the timer on your Instant Pot to 0 minutes – yes, 0 minutes! It will take about 10 minutes to warm up, and it’s during that time that the asparagus will cook.
- Although a steamer rack is not required to cook this Instant Pot asparagus, if you have a steamer rack then feel free to use it! I have tested this recipe both with and without a steamer rack, and noticed no difference between the two variations.
- Add any other seasonings you’d like to this recipe! Some red pepper flakes would taste great in addition to the spices in this recipe. You can even top the asparagus with some shredded parmesan cheese after cooking for a delicious keto side dish!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Instant Pot
- Add all ingredients to an Instant Pot, close lid and set steam release knob to sealing position.
- Pressure cook on high for 0 minutes, then quick release the steam.
- Remove asparagus and serve immediately.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan butter or olive oil in place of the butter in this recipe.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.