These Instant Pot boiled peanuts are a healthy and delicious savory snack! This foolproof method yields perfectly cooked peanuts with hardly any effort. Easily cook up a batch of these peanuts at the start of your week and enjoy this nutritious snack all week long!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s seriously the easiest boiled peanuts method out there! Chuck everything in the Instant Pot, then leave it to do all the hard work. Return to perfectly soft and savory peanuts every time.
- They’re an incredibly healthy snack! Boiled peanuts are proven to have nearly four times more antioxidants than other peanuts. So the next time you need a delicious but good-for-you snack, I highly recommend you give this recipe a try!
- They’re perfectly savory with the right amount of salt to balance out the natural sweetness of the peanuts. I will warn you, this snack is highly addictive, though lucky for you it’s healthy too!
Peanuts – You can make this recipe using either dried or undried peanuts. I unfortunately do not have access to undried peanuts, so I used dried peanuts and they still turned out delicious! The most important thing when selecting your peanuts is that they have the shell on, are raw and do not contain any salt. All of these things will equate to perfect, ready-for-boiling peanuts!
Salt – Feel free to adjust the salt based on your preferences. However, boiled peanuts are traditionally rather salty and this Instant Pot recipe is no exception. If you prefer a less salty nut, reduce the amount of salt by as little as half!
- Be patient and allow the steam to naturally release from these Instant Pot boiled peanuts! Once the 80 minutes it up, the pot will take about 20 minutes to naturally release all of its steam. You’ll know the lid is ready to be removed once the pressure valve has dropped down to its starting position.
- You can easily half this recipe if you’d like! This makes quite a few peanuts, so if you’re looking for a small batch simply use half a pound of peanuts instead. If using half a pound of peanuts, then use just 1/4 cup of salt.
- Strain these Instant Pot boiled peanuts from their water and store them in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the fridge for up to one week. You can enjoy these hot, at room temperature, or cold – really however you’d like!
More Simple Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 1 pound peanuts raw, shelled, and unsalted
- ½ cup salt
- Instant Pot
- Rinse peanuts well under cold water then add to the Instant Pot along with the salt and fill with enough water to cover peanuts.
- Place trivet inside Instant Pot and place a heatproof bowl over the top to hold it down. Cover with lid and set to high pressure for 80 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally before removing lid.
- The Instant Pot pictured above is a 6 quart Instant Pot, be careful not to fill your Instant Pot beyond the max fill line.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.