These gluten-free Cranberry Cookies are so divine, chewy, delicious, and filled with amazing flavors! Cookies are a great way to entertain guests (or yourself!). We think cranberries and cinnamon make the best combination, especially for the holidays!
Why These Cookies Are So Amazing!
- These cookies are gluten-free!
- Easy to make!
- The fact that cranberries and cinnamon are a combination together in this recipe? Yes.
- Family friendly!
Are these cookies healthy?
We definitely prefer these cookies over other recipes simple due to the fact it is gluten free. This recipe is great for you if you intend to stay away from gluten!
Can I use regular flour in the cookies?
Yes, regular all purpose flour will still work for these cookies. However, we definitely recommend using GF flour!
How can I store these cookies?
Store these cookies in an airtight container for a couple days on counter, then transfer to refrigerator. Enjoy until there are no more. 🙂
- Make sure your butter is cold.
- Definitely soak the cranberries so they will be a bit more tender and flavorful.
- Be careful not to over cook in the oven! We think these cookies are the best if removed while they have a light golden bottom.
- You can freeze this cookie dough. Just dish out the individual portions of cookie dough and transfer to baking sheet to freeze. When ready to bake, cookies will need an additional minute or two in the oven.
Be sure to check out these other tasty cookie recipes!
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Gluten-Free Crinkle Cookies (Peppermint Chocolate)
- Paleo Cookies with Frosting (Lofthouse Style)
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Small bowl
- Medium bowls (3)
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop with release handle
- Wire cooling rack
- 1 cup dried cranberries plus more for topping if desired
- hot water to soak cranberries
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups dry oats
- ½ cup butter must be cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In small bowl, soak cranberries in hot water for 10 minutes. or until cranberries are soft. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and oats. In second medium bowl, beat brown sugar and butter together until smooth.
- In third medium bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour brown sugar & butter mixture into egg mixture, stirring well. Fold in oats mixture until well incorporated, then gently fold in dried cranberries.
- Using cookie scoop, dish out 1 ½ tablespoons of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Gently press with palm to flatten dough so cookies will bake evenly. Repeat until all dough has been formed into cookies on baking sheet.
- If desired, top cookie dough with additional dried cranberries. Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake 8 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooking rack to finish cooling. Serve at room temperature.
- If you want a crispier cookie, bake for an additional 3 minutes.