Say goodbye to messy oil or soggy oven-baked hashbrowns – this is the only method for cooking hashbrown patties that you’ll ever need! Frozen hashbrowns in the air fryer couldn’t be easier or more perfect. In less than 15 minutes you’ll have deliciously crisp and tender hashbrown patties. You don’t even need to thaw them first!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Getting perfectly crispy hashbrowns is seriously SO, SO easy when you cook them in the air fryer. You don’t even have to remember to thaw them first! Just take them right out of the freezer and toss them straight into the air fryer.
- This method gets you the best, crispiest, crunchiest texture, and all without having to actually fry the potato patties in oil. Not only does that make this a lighter option, you don’t have to deal with any messy oil splatters or clean-up.
Frozen Hashbrown Patties – You can cook any brand and any type of hashbrowns in the air fryer! Just keep in mind that smaller or thinner hashbrown patties will cook more quickly than larger ones, so you’ll want to keep an eye on them and adjust the cook time as needed.
- Spray oil is totally optional here! A light spray of oil on top of the food generally helps it crisp up better in the air fryer, but I found with frozen hashbrowns you don’t even really need it. They tend to crisp up well all on their own. If you like yours really crispy, though, you may want to spray the hashbrowns lightly in the beginning or at the 10-minute mark.
- Be careful not to overlap the hashbrowns in the air fryer basket or on the racks. If the food is touching, the air won’t be able to circulate properly, which means they won’t air fry evenly. If you’re cooking several hashbrowns or if you have a really small air fryer, you may need to work in batches to ensure everything cooks properly.
Be Sure to Try These Air Fryer Recipes, Too
- Frozen Biscuits in Air Fryer
- Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
- Perfect Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 4 frozen hashbrown patties any size, any brand
- ketchup optional, for serving
- Air Fryer
- Spray oil safe for air fryer (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Lightly spray air fryer basket with spray oil if desired.
- Place frozen hashbrowns in air fryer basket (or on air fryer racks) in one flat layer, being careful not to crowd basket (or racks) or overlap food.
- If desired, lightly spray tops of hashbrown patties with spray oil (see Notes). Place basket in air fryer and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until hashbrowns are golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with ketchup (optional).
- Cook Time: Note that cooking times will vary depending on the size and thickness of the hashbrown patties you use. Keep an eye on them, checking after 10 minutes, and adjust the time as needed, being careful not to burn the hashbrowns.
- Spray Oil: Totally optional! A light spray of oil on top of the food generally helps it crisp up better in the air fryer, but I found with frozen hashbrowns you don’t even really need it! They tend to crisp up well all on their own. If you like yours really crispy, though, you may want to spray the hashbrowns lightly in the beginning or at the 10-minute mark.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.